Tuesday, June 26, 2007


We got a little break from the heat this morning, so I decided to open all of the windows and doors and do a little baking. I whipped up Cherry Chip Scones from my new Taste of Home Cookbook. I love this cookbook! Having never made scones before I think they turned out pretty good, and the house smells divine.
Cherry Chip Scones
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons cold butter
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk divided
1 1/3 cups dried cherries
2/3 cup vanilla or white chips
1) In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2) Combine yogurt and 1/4 cup milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Knead in cherries and chips.
3)on a greased baking sheet, pat the dough into a 9 inch circle. cut into 8 wedges separate wedges. Brush with the remaining milk.
4) Bake at 400* for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Vicki Chrisman said...

They look perfect! Man.. you did great for your first time making them. They look so good! I'm printing this off, so I can give them a try!

Finally got you linked on my blog!