Thursday, June 24, 2010


I've been on a decorating binge.

It started with cute new curtain panels for the family room from World Market, and has snowballed into new drapes for 4 other rooms! How does that work? I found some awesome decorator fabric on clearance at Wal Mart for $4.98 a yard and I couldn't pass it up. It's the perfect red and I love the pattern. I stitched up these simple panels in about an hour. Didn't even use an iron. Don't tell my grandmother.

New curtain panels are an easy way to freshen your decor. I love looking for deals on yardage of fabric for panels, sometimes I don't even sew. Fold and clip, or swag and hot glue? I've done it! About 3 yards per panel is what I figure considering my rod heights, that also gives me extra yardage to puddle on the floor so I don't have to hem.
WM can be a great resource for fabric. Unfortunately I think most stores are getting rid of their fabric section. So keep you eyes open for some great deals right now. (Don't go walking through WalMart with your eyes closed like you usually do.)





No comments: