Saturday, April 12, 2008


Family Photo Wall

Emma asked "I Am wondering about all your "B"s...that is our family name initial also - will you show what you do with them??? "

So I thought I would share with you my Photo Wall. It was very fun to put together, a little brain drain did happen trying to get all the photos hung and straight. But it was worth it. I started by collecting black frames. I would buy 3 or 6 of thesame kind, when I found them on sale and just tucked them away until I felt like I had enough to complete this large staircase wall. I did the layout on the floor in the living room and took a photo to reference back to while hanging them.



I visited the Pottery Barn How to Create a Wall Display page multiple times while doing this project. A great tip is to add a bit of poster putty to the bottoms of the frames to keep them straight on the wall. With out the putty the whole thing would have been a hot mess in about an hour with the way my boys run down the stairs. Elephants are gentler.



The B's (our last name initial) were added about a month ago. I had always felt like the space needed a little something to balance it out. I purchased the initials at Hobby Lobby, JoAnns and Michaels over about a 2 month period. They were all different finishes so I sprayed them all black to match. They are all made of something different wood, metal, paper mache, and poly resin. All less than $5.00 shopping sales and using coupons.



I like to restyle this wall every season, never moving the photos just adding different elements around them for a different look.

I hope you all are having a lovely Spring weekend!

Hugs~

10 comments:

Darla said...

Absolutely LOVE IT! We had a wall like that in our last house and I never knew what to do with it, so I just bought a HUGE picture. LOL I know I whimped out cuz I envisioned what you did here, I just didn't want to put that much work into it.

You RAWK!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Man oh man.. I'm I digg'n the wall, girl! Very Cool!

Marie said...

I love it! I *almost* bought 2 B's at Hobby Lobby on Friday (my last initial is B, too) to do the very same thing! Now I am kicking myself because yours looks so good!!

Anonymous said...

Aimee - it looks fantastic! I'm so inspired by your walls! Thanks for sharing - Emma

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Love it. I really like the shelf in that grouping, gives it dimension. Really looks great.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous collage. Love the letters you will find a bunch of C's around my place.

Blanca

Mrs. B said...

Love your photo wall! I have something similar display going up my stairs. I love the B's with the photos. I can never find letters that I like for a reasonable price! But I'll have to keep looking because yours look great. We are a "B" family too!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

I just bopped over here from Marie's. She was raving about your wall and I had to come see for myself.....

......OK. I just picked myself off the floor from fainting dead away at that marvelous wall! You did an amazing job!

:-) Rosie

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee!
I'm here via Rhoda's..
It is so nice to meet you!
I LOVE this wall and your creativity is wonderful!
Awesome job!

xo,
Kim

Screaming Meme said...

Just came across your blog! I love it! Great style.....:) Meme
screamingmeme.typepad.com